May 30, 2018
Team Impact Wins Softball Tournament
Congratulations to the Todd Toll Memorial Championship Winners!
Impact Softball, sponsored by Plains Radiology Services by Heartland Radiology, J&R Auto, Jesse James Gun Shop, and 5B seed, played in the Todd Toll Memorial Softball Tournament and came home with a championship win! Team Impact decided to donate the $500 winnings back to the Todd Toll Memorial. Jesse James Gun Shop also raffled off a Springfield 9mm with all proceeds going to the Todd Toll Memorial as well! Congratulations to Shannon Toll (daughter of Todd Toll), winner of the 9mm! Shannon did a great job putting this tournament on and we appreciate all who participated in the raffle! A big thank you to all Team Impact sponsors!
March 22, 2017
In The News from the Grand Island Independent
New Screening Method Catches Lung Cancer Before It's Too Late
Dr. Murdoch says LDCT is “the most significant advance in increasing survival and decreasing mortality for lung cancer patients.”
July 2, 2015
Educational Opportunity - Abdominal CT Imaging
Free CE for Rad Techs
1 Category A ARRT CE credit accredited by AHRA: The Association for Medical Imaging Management.
Supported by a grant from Bracco Diagnostics Inc., Rendon C. Nelson, MD guides the audience through a series of cases and specific protocols for high-quality abdominal CT imaging in this 1-hour online video approved for 1 Category A ARRT CE credit (by AHRA).
Course topics include:
- How to improve compliance for radiation and contrast administration
- What techniques to use for identifying specific diseases of the liver
- How to use images in specific enhancement phases to identify disease
- How to integrate new protocols in your facility and get buy in of staff
- Overview of safety protocols to avoid and manage extravasation, reduce patient radiation dose, and avoid adverse reactions to contrast
- Contrast timing and delivery techniques to reduce contrast dose administration while achieving optimal image quality
- This program was originally broadcast as a live Webinar, sponsored by Applied Radiology, supported with an educational grant from Bracco Diagnostics Inc.
To register, or for more information, please visit: http://buckyce.altuscampus.com/adv-abd-ct-ce/
CME-accredited Version for Providers
A CME-accredited version of this course is also available for physicians. To register, or for more information, please visit: http://altuscampus.com/adv-abd-ct-cme/
March 30, 2015
A Poem for Doctors' Day
Doctors by Morgan Lee
They are super heroes disguised in dress shirts,
with blue or green scrubs underneath.
The understated comedians, who should usually keep their day jobs.
They are thinkers and doers, sometimes even simultaneously.
They contain mental stamina and finesse greater than any athlete.
And although it might not be rocket science, sometimes it is brain surgery.
March 25, 2015
Emergency Radiology Course - Online Video
Radiopaedia.org has an online course currently available that is a six-hour case-based review of emergency radiology. For just $25, you'll get pre- and post- course online access to all cases and 3 months of unlimited video playback.
Course topics include:
- Orthopaedic limb injuries (XR, CT)
- Chest emergencies (XR, CT)
- Abdomen & pelvis emergencies (XR, CT, US)
- Spine emergencies (CT, MRI)
- Intracranial emergencies (CT, MRI)
- Head and neck emergencies (CT)
Note: Does not include major trauma imaging as that is covered in another course
Registrations prior to March 31 receive a BONUS 30-minute pediatric emergency radiology video. To register, or for more information, please visit: